Graphene Series List
Graphene series materials refer to a class of materials with the same structure as graphene. Graphene series materials are two-dimensional crystal materials, and the electrons can only move freely on two dimensions. The horizontal dimension of this type materials is very large, and the thickness direction is only one or several atomic layers. Compared with the bulk materials, graphene series materials have many excellent physical and chemical properties, such as high electronic mobility and high thermal conductivity, which has attracted more and more attention in recent years.
Based on the outstanding physical and chemical properties, graphene series materials have been widely applied in many fields.
- Sensor field: With the unique electronic properties, large specific surface area and two-dimensional layered structure, graphene series materials are conducive to the adsorption of gas molecules, so they have a promising application prospect in gas sensors. Moreover, the gas sensors based on graphene series materials have the advantages of good stability and high sensitivity. In addition, graphene series materials can also be used as light sensors.
- Energy storage and conversion field: Graphene series materials have advantages of high specific surface area, short diffusion path and good conductivity, and they can be applied in energy storage field including secondary batteries, supercapacitors and the others. In addition, graphene series materials with good light transmittance can also be used to design solar cells, which can realize the energy conversion from light to electricity.
Figure 1. An example of graphene series materials applied in energy storage and conversion field.
- Environmental management field: Environmental management refers to the adoption of certain measures to reduce the concentration or toxicity of pollutants in the environment, and graphene series materials play important roles in this field. The films prepared from graphene series materials have the advantages of high permeability, high selectivity, excellent antibacterial and good adsorptive properties, which is favorable for environmental management.
Figure 2. An example of graphene series materials applied in environmental management field.
- The others: Graphene series materials are also widely used in many other fields, including field effect transistor, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis and the others.
According to the compositions, graphene series materials can be divided into inorganic and organic graphene series materials.
- Inorganic graphene series materials: Inorganic graphene series materials mainly include elemental materials, nonmetallic compounds, metallic compounds and salt compounds. Among them, typical representatives are graphene, black phosphorus, hexagonal boron nitride, inorganic perovskite compounds, clay minerals and the others.
- Organic graphene series materials: Organic graphene series materials mainly include layered metallic organic framework compounds, layered covalent organic framework compounds and two-dimensional polymers. Layered metallic organic framework compounds are porous crystal compounds formed by the coordination of metal ions or clusters with organic ligands. Layered covalent organic framework compounds are also a kind of porous crystal materials. Two-dimensional polymers are topological planar polymer crystals with repeating units formed by covalent or non-covalent interactions between organic macromolecules.
- Functionalized graphene and other two-dimensional materials for photovoltaic devices: device design and processing[J]. Chemical Society Reviews, 2015, 44.
- Ding L, Wei Y, Wang Y, et al. A Two‐Dimensional Lamellar Membrane: MXene Nanosheet Stacks[J]. Angewandte Chemie, 2017, 56(7).