Nanotechnology research aims to design and manufacture small particles, and then add these particles to a liquid or solid carrier matrix. Alfa Chemistry is good at analyzing and researching the microstructure and chemical composition of nano-scale and nano-materials. Our nanotechnology laboratory can measure nanoparticle size, morphology, dispersion, uniformity, optical and physical properties, and chemical composition. If you are interested, please contact us for more service information.
Alfa Chemistry’s nanomaterial analysis and research can help you understand the properties of inorganic fillers used for plastic toughening, the incorporation of conductive particles such as carbon nanotubes to produce antistatic or conductive composites, and the use of nanoclays to improve barrier properties of films or coatings , among many other applications.
1. Analyze particle size and morphology using electron microscopy
2. Apply image analysis to generate quantitative information about size and shape distribution
3. Use Raman spectroscopy for carbon nanotube analysis, thermogravimetric analysis, and elemental analysis
4. Coating analysis using spectroscopy or surface analysis
5. Scratch test
Nano Dispersion Analysis
1. Optimal performance depends on achieving uniform dispersion and sometimes on orientation control
2. Use techniques such as electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and spectroscopy to characterize the morphology of composite materials and quantify various aspects of uniformity or orientation
3. Development of online measurement as part of the manufacturing process
Nano Material Processing
1. Research on polymer matrix, filler content, physical properties and processing conditions
2. Mechanical properties (toughness, scratch resistance or impact strength)
3. Optical performance (transparency, reflectivity, refractive index)
Our expertise in particle and fiber toxicology can provide you with the hazard information needed to safely develop materials and nanotechnology products to meet regulatory requirements. We can provide tailored toxicity tests for product management and regulatory compliance.
Our comprehensive approaches include:
Our testing methods include, but are not limited to, the following: