Chips/Pellets/Metal Balls List
Chips/pellets/metal balls are metal materials made into different shapes of chips, pellets and balls. According to the service conditions, the shape of metal materials should be appropriately chosen. Compared with plastic and ceramic materials, chips/pellets/metal balls have higher strength and hardness, which can withstand more severe conditions. Therefore, they are suitable for some industries with harsh environment. In addition, most of the metal materials have good conductive property, so corresponding chips/pellets/metal balls also have good electrical conductivity. Moreover, most chips/pellets/metal balls can be magnetized, which greatly expands the application fields of those type materials. Furthermore, chips/pellets/metal balls can be alloyed to further improve the corrosion resistance and flame retardant properties.
- Valve field: Valve is a pipeline accessory and it plays an important role in daily life and industrial production. Valve can be used to close the pipeline, control the flow direction, adjust and control the parameters of the conveying medium. According to the nature of the transmission medium, valve with corresponding materials should be selected to realize the transport of air, water, steam, corrosive substances, mud, oil, liquid metal and radioactive substances. Chips/pellets/metal balls with circular channels can be used as opening and closing parts of valves and the chips/pellets/metal balls rotate with the stem to open and close the valve.
Figure 1. An example of chips/pellets/metal balls applied in valve.
- Ball mill field: Ball mill is one of the high fine grinding machines widely used in industrial production. Ball mill can be used to grind a variety of ores and other grindable materials including cement, silicate products, new type building materials, refractories, chemical fertilizers, metal dressing, glass ceramics and other production industries. Chips/pellets/metal balls play key roles in ball mills, they can impact and crush materials and they have the effect of grinding at the same time. The chips/pellets/metal balls applied in ball mills need to have sufficient wear resistance, and their size and quantity have a significant impact on the performance of the final products.
Figure 2. Schematic depicting the ball motion inside the ball mill.
- Rolling bearing field: Rolling bearing is a kind of precise mechanical element, which changes the sliding friction between the running shaft and the bearing into rolling friction and thus reduces the friction loss. Rolling bearing is generally composed of inner ring, outer ring, rolling body and retainer. By means of the retainer, the rolling bodies can be distributed between the inner ring and the outer ring. Chips/pellets/metal balls can be used as rolling bodies, and their shape, size and number directly affect the service performance and life of the rolling bearing.
- The others: Chips/pellets/metal balls also have many other applications. For example, chips/pellets/metal balls with low density can be used to prepare float flowmeters. In addition, chips/pellets/metal balls made by metals with good electrical conductivity can be applied in electrical and electronic field.
According to the components, chips/pellets/metal balls can be divided into copper chips/pellets/metal balls, steel chips/pellets/metal balls, iron chips/pellets/metal balls, titanium alloy chips/pellets/metal balls, copper-niobium alloy chips/pellets/metal balls, copper-molybdenum alloy chips/pellets/metal balls and the others.
- Kanno T, Hasegawa T, Miyazaki T, et al. Development of a Poppet-Type Pneumatic Servo Valve[J]. Applied sciences, 2018, 8(11):2094.
- Yun Lu, Sujun Gua, Liang Hao et al. Review on the Photocatalyst Coatings of TiO2: Fabrication by Mechanical Coating Technique and Its Application[J]. Coatings,2015, 5(3).